A protest/rally will be held on June 2 beginning at noon at the soon-to-be-renovated parking lot @ 15th and Broad Streets. A ground breaking for renovating the parking lot, which “may be the site of the largest slave burial ground in the nation”, is also scheduled for that day. The land which was established as a burial ground for both slaves and free blacks in the 1700’s also doubled as the town gallows for public execution. It is believed that this is where Gabriel Prosser was hanged and buried.
- Take a cool Instagram along Liberty Trail win prize June 18, 2013 1
- Citizens might get to vote on baseball stadium location June 18, 2013 0
- RVA Streets Alive looks to hit the ground running June 17, 2013 1
- RTD Letter to the Editor against baseball in Shockoe June 17, 2013 5
- Early Sunday morning shooting at 2nd and Main June 17, 2013 1
17th Street Farmer's Market 1212 Gallery Artspace Back Porch Initiatives Belle Isle Brown's Island C'est Le Vin Cafe Gutenberg Canal Club Canal Walk Downtown Master Plan Earth Day Fountain Bookstore Fourth Friday Friday Cheers GlobeHopper Grand Illumination Hat Factory James River Julep's LuLu's Lumpkin's Jail Main Street Station Manchester Negro Burial Ground Plant Zero Poe Museum Richmond Folk Festival richmond va Rocketts Rocketts Landing rva Sam Moore Savor SBNA Shamrock the Block Shockoe Bottom Shockoe Center Shockoe Slip slave trail stadium Tobacco Row Tricycle Gardens Velvet Virginia Holocaust Museum